The industry's easiest to use and most feature-rich testing tool for FIX
ETP Studio for FIX is the only toolset you will ever need to test your FIX connectivity.
Simple to deploy and simple to use.
It is designed with simplicity in mind so you can carry out FIX testing in almost no-time at
It is also designed to satisfy the requirements of demanding technical users requiring
powerful and configurable testing commands.
Whether you are a QA tester, a developer or in the FIX on-boarding team, you will find your
perfect toolset in ETP Studio for FIX.
With its modular architecture you only see the tools you need, leaving all other
complexities out. Or you can power-up your toolset by adding plug-ins with advanced testing
Here is a high-level list of its capabilities:
Regression and Functional Testing
Achieve complete regression testing of FIX sessions before every release. Connect and test
individual services provided by different business modules.
- Standard Trading Workflows
- Custom Trading Workflows
- FIX Engines and Bridges
- Market Data Providers
- Post-Upgrade Checks
- Post-Migration Checks
- FIX-Based Trading Platforms
- Service Providers’ FIX Interfaces
Unit and System Testing
Exercise 100% of your business functionality, across the trade lifecycle and trading
functions. Verify functionality verticals provided through FIX and across business areas.
- Order Entry, Execution and Booking
- Principal and Agency Trading
- High-Touch STP Chain
- DMA STP Chain
- Position Keeping
- Order Routing
- Algorithmic Trading Frameworks
- Back-Office/Settlement Systems
Integration and Security Testing
Test the integration of FIX-enabled systems within the trading architecture. Verify trading
limits, fail-over scenarios, authorized transactions and mission-critical capabilities.
- Counterparty & Market Connectivity
- Down-Stream Systems (Middle & Back Office)
- Global Order Management & Routing
- External Interfaces (MD, MQ, JMS, etc.)
- Trading Limits
- External Access Control / Permissioning
- Pre-Trade/Post-Trade Checks
- Fail-Over Scenarios
Performance and Static-Data Testing
Exhaust system bandwidth over multiple FIX sessions to test performance and resiliency.
Cross-check consistency of static reference data with transactions and SQL queries.
- Prevent performance degradation
- Verify consistency of Reference Data
Check out the list of features in ETP Studio for
FIX or download a brochure from the right-side menu.
The most comprehensive tool for FIX testing
Check out this non-exhaustive list of more than 50 features available in Esprow ETP Studio
FIX specifications management
Manage all FIX dictionaries and rules of engagements from one single location. Share them
with your team and store them in source control.
- Support for all FIX versions
- Custom Dictionary Formats
- FIX Dictionary Editor
- Auto-Propagate Dictionary Changes to Tests
- QuickFix Dictionary Format
- FPL Unified Repository Dictionary Format
Start ETP Studio up and begin testing. Open a session and send messages to it, sourcing them
from templates or from log files.
- Ad-Hoc FIX Message Sender
- Session Manager with Log Files Replay
- Multiple Concurrent FIX Sessions in Simulator
- Send FIX Messages On-The-Fly
- Shareable Global Sessions (In/Out)
- Interactive GUI Testing
- Support for ATDL Files
- Rendering of ATDL XML GUI Files
- Log Files Replay with Filtering and Throttle
- FIX Market Data Subscriptions
A powerful set of reporting features covering test specifications and test results.
- Rich HTML Test Execution Reports
- Generate PDF Specifications from Tests
Smart Test Building
Leverage smart wizards that automatically generate test unit or simulators from your
production log files.
- Build FIX Tests from Log Files
- Build FIX Simulators from Log Files
Powerful Test Editor/Debugger
The industry most powerful and easiest to use editor to build FIX tests and simulator, but
also to run and debug them.
- Test Debugger with Breakpoints
- Grouping of Test Commands
- Build Tests with Drag & Drop of Commands
- Layerable Message Templates
- Sub-Commands (Sub-Routines)
- Static and Dynamic Variables
- Custom & External Test Commands
- For-Loop, While-Loop, If/Then/Else, Switch
- Validate FIX Response Messages
- Validate FIX Fields Formats and Syntax
- Simple Management of Repeating Groups
- In/Out Queue X-Ref Functions
- In/Out Message Queues
- Inject Dynamic Data into Tests
Extensive Modules (Add-Ons)
With ETP Studio modular architecture your toolbox keeps growing at every release with new
- Embedded FIX Exchange Simulator
- Exchange Simulator Auto-Ack/Reject/Fills
- Embedded FIX Order and Execution Manager
- Configurable Transports (TCP, MQ, etc.)
- Simulate 3rd-Party and Broker APIs
- Report Generators
ETP Studio uniquely supports multiple concurrent FIX sessions, multiple concurrent protocol
connectors and message rates up to 20K msg/sec.
- Multiple Concurrent Sessions per Test
- Concurrent Incoming and Outgoing Sessions
- Message rates of 5K÷20K message/sec
- Session Statistics Generator
ETP Studio integrates seamlessly with databases, source control systems, continuous
integration systems, and more.
- Integrated with Source Control Systems
- Production Log Files Replay
- Execute SQL Queries from Tests
- Fetch Message Data from Excel with VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP
- Capture Messages from NIC, Log Files and ESB
- Integrate it within your CI/CD pipeline with a command line interpreter
- FIX Log Files Importer
- Full support for ISO 20022 messages
Migrating from Third-Party FIX Testing Products
Leverage Esprow's engineering services and expertise to carry out your migration
Regardless of which FIX testing tool you are currently using Esprow Engineering Services can
migrate your existing suite of test scripts to ETP Studio for FIX.
For some third-party products we are able to automate the migration and deliver your migrated
test base within days. In other circumstances our Engineering and Professional Services
will collaborate with you to plan and execute the quickest and most cost effective migration
Don't hesitate to contact us for more information.